Monday 29 August 2011

Page 11 of the Granny Chapter

Have I mentioned that my Nana makes the greatest fruit cakes.

These are always made, with love and care, for special occasions like birthdays and Christmas.

Usually they're decorated with pretty little icing flowers and have precisely piped letters on them.

I fondly remember one in particular which she made me for my 5th birthday that had a barbie stuck in the middle, every little girls dream birthday cake!

In fact, I'll have to dig through the photo albums to find it and show you!

Anyhow, for my dad's birthday recently I really wanted to help Nana ice the cake, but I thought it would be fun to have a little personal twist...

My dad's a really keen gardener, I'd bought him a subscription to NZ Gardener, and Nana had bought a couple of Vege seed packets, so we came up with this edible little creation:



Complete with fake dirt!


In the end, we all ended up overdosing on icing sugar, but it was definitely worth it.

It was obviously a very healthy cake, ahem, you know, with all the veges and fruit on it!


No comments:

Post a Comment